2009 Inkys longlist

Here are the books that have made the 2009 Inkys longlist. Information from Insideadog website:

The 2009 Inkys Longlist

Broken Glass by Adrian Stirling 

Something happened when I was fifteen, something that made me invisible to everyone in Broken Glass.

I believe in Chloe and chocolate.

I believe the best part is always before.

I believe that most girls are shifty and most guys are dumb.

The boy with all the dreadlocks had two line of business: cars and the patio trade.

Ollie was in aisle five of Galaxy Art Supply stocking oil paints when Clio Ford emerged from the manager’s office.

Everyone thinks it was because of the snow.

The SS Loongana steamed slowly up the Derwent River towards it’s berth at Salamanca Warf…

I tend to worry, I know I do, but only because I think there is lots of things to worry about.

It was fun at first, playing house. I made all my own meals. Crackers and cheese, three times a day.

I am a reading girl, with a pale face, and glasses.

The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle.

Chelsea Dean opened the front door to her parents’ substantial riverside residence and was assulted by booming reception-centre music.

I had a dream
I put my hands
inside my chest
and held my heart

Ray was bigger but José was boss. They were fourteen and fifteen, on their own and on the run.

Tuesday the fourteenth of February began badly for Frankie Parsons.

I was born with water on the brain. Okay, so that’s not exactly true.

She looks good for a corpse.

When I wake up, the other side of the bed is cold. My fingers stretch out, seeking Prim’s warmth but finding only the rough canvas cover of the mattress.

I let the tips of both by swords dig into the sandy arena floor. It was the wrong move, but the dragging pain in my gut was pulling me into a crouch.

It’s six-thirty in the morning. I stumble out of bed and splash cold water in my flushed face.

A sound brought Col out of a deep sleep. Something was happening out in the corridor.

2 thoughts on “2009 Inkys longlist