Thanks to a number of concerned school library supporters around the world, some excellent resources for addressing a response to the Australian Inquiry into Teacher Librarians have forwarded to Bright Ideas.
- Carl A. Harvey’s What should an Administrator expect a School Library Media Specialist to be?
- Jamie McKenzie’s Why We Still Need Libraries and Librarians
- The UK School Library Association’s Primary School Library Charter
- The UK Chartered Institute of Libraries and Information Professionals Statutory School Libraries Document
- Stephen Heppell’s Libraries and Learning DVD
- Preparing a Submission to a Parliamentary Committee Inquiry
- Inquiry into school libraries and teacher librarians in Australian schools
- Teacher librarian numbers decline
Submissions close on Friday 16 April.
Pingback: Tweets that mention Resources for the Australian Inquiry into Teacher Librarians | Bright ideas -- Topsy.com
You might be interested in some of the posts on the Saving Aussie Books blog too http://savingaussiebooks.wordpress.com/
Pingback: Database delight « Reading Power
Good resources for the inquiry.
Pingback: Ed Tech Crew » Ed Tech Crew 121 – An Interview with Mary Manning – School Library Association of Victoria
indeed a fantastic resource for those interested in teacher librarians. Thanks for sharing.