Krystie Alleaume, the Senior Project Officer at the Innovation and Next Practice Division of the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development has sent the following information for all Victorian teachers. (Please note that your school does NOT have to have a subscription to Elluminate to access these sessions. Just ensure that you have Java enabled on the computer you wish to use and that you have a headset and microphone to communicate with.)
We have some exciting free events planned for Term 1 in the Virtual Conference Centre. Most of these do not require you to sign up. To join a session, you can now:
1. Visit our event calendar at: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/researchinnovation/virtualconferencecentre/program/default.htm
2. Click on the date of the event you wish to attend.
3. Click on the title of the event to see more details.
4. Click the session link provided and join the conference up to 60 minutes before it is scheduled to begin.
5. You can also have an automatic email reminder sent to you by selecting ‘Remind me by email’ from the ‘Other Event Actions’ drop down box.
Spread the word among your colleagues about our new monthly professional learning series called ‘Monthly ESL Matters’. And for those of you that joined our weekly Tech-Talk Tuesday sessions last year, you’ll be pleased to see that they are back on the calendar for Term 1, 2010.
TERM 1 EVENTS:
· Monday 1 March – “Classroom Video Production – Part 2: Post-production and editing”, presented by Brendan O’Brien (Hume Region)
· Tuesday 2 March – “Tech Talk Tuesdays: What a Bright Idea – Blogs for professional networking”, presented by Judith Way and Anne Mirtschin
· Thursday 4 March – “Introduction to Microsoft OneNote 2007”, presented by Ben Walters (Microsoft Corporation)
· Tuesday 9 March – “Prep Assessment Period: The English Online Interview”, presented by Victoria Hall
· Tuesday 9 March – “Tech-Talk Tuesdays: Building a Digital Classroom”, presented by Anne Mirtschin
· Tuesday 16 March – “Gaming and Social Networks in Education”, presented by Adrian Camm (McGuire College)
· Tuesday 16 March – “Tech-Talk Tuesdays: The Power of Mobile Technology in Learning”, presented by Louise Duncan (Shepparton High School) and Anne Mirtschin
· Thursday 18 March – “Introduction to Microsoft Communicator and LiveMeeting”, presented by Jonathan Spellman (Microsoft Corporation)
· Tuesday 23 March – “Essential Web 2.0 Tools for Educators”, presented by Narissa Leung (Loddon Mallee Region)
· Wednesday 24 March – “Monthly ESL Matters: Reporting and Assessment for ESL students”, presented by Janet Saker and Daina Coles (ESL Unit)
· Thursday 25 March – “Global Projects with iEARN”, presented by Rob King (Gippsland Region)
· (Term 1 Holidays) Tuesday 30 March – “Tech-Talk Tuesdays: What is needed to bring education into the 21st Century?”, Discussion group facilitated by Anne Mirtschin
Looking forward to seeing you again soon in the Virtual Conference Centre!