Thanks to a number of concerned school library supporters around the world, some excellent resources for addressing a response to the Australian Inquiry into Teacher Librarians have forwarded to Bright Ideas.
- Carl A. Harvey’s What should an Administrator expect a School Library Media Specialist to be?
- Jamie McKenzie’s Why We Still Need Libraries and Librarians
- The UK School Library Association’s Primary School Library Charter
- The UK Chartered Institute of Libraries and Information Professionals Statutory School Libraries Document
- Stephen Heppell’s Libraries and Learning DVD
- Preparing a Submission to a Parliamentary Committee Inquiry
- Inquiry into school libraries and teacher librarians in Australian schools
- Teacher librarian numbers decline
Submissions close on Friday 16 April.