Thank you so much to all of the people who nominated and voted for Bright Ideas and other social media for the 2010 Edublogs awards. The awards are particularly useful for finding and connecting with other like-minded educators. I know that I found a wealth of amazing educators via the 2009 awards.
Congratulations to everyone, particularly to all of the Australians who were nominated. Congratulations too to all of the winners and runners up in the 23 categories.
It is lovely to be nominated by peers. And so humbling and yet exciting to be awarded the “second runner up” (third) in the “Best Library Blog” category this year. Here are the details on all placegetters for 2010. In my opinion, all worthy of inclusion in your PLN.
You may be interested to know that Bright Ideas has been shortlisted for two Edublogs awards this year.
The sections Bright Ideas has been nominated for are:
Best resource sharing blog
Best library blog
It is a real honour to be shortlisted in these international awards and I thank the kind people who nominated Bright Ideas and those who will take the time to vote. Voting closes on Tuesday 14th December.
If you visit the Edublogs awards page, you are sure to find an amazing array of educators to follow. The 2009 awards were a revelation to me and I have built my Personal Learning Network around many of these fine teachers and librarians. There are 23 categories to investigate this year including Best student blog and Best class blog. Good luck to everyone who has been shortlisted.
Many of you will be pleased to know that the nominations are now open for the 2010 Edublogs awards.
- Nominations: Close Friday 3 December
- Voting: Ends Tuesday 14 December
- Award Ceremony: Wednesday 15 December
- Best individual blog
- Best individual tweeter
- Best group blog
- Best new blog
- Best class blog
- Best student blog
- Best resource sharing blog
- Most influential blog post
- Most influential tweet / series of tweets / tweet based discussion
- Best teacher blog
- Best librarian / library blog
- Best school administrator blog
- Best educational tech support blog
- Best elearning / corporate education blog
- Best educational use of audio
- Best educational use of video / visual
- Best educational wiki
- Best educational podcast
- Best educational webinar series
- Best educational use of a social network
- Best educational use of a virtual world
- Best use of a PLN
- Lifetime achievement
The Edublogs staff explain on their blog how the process works.
This blog was fortunate enough to receive “First runner up” in the best librarian/library blog section and it was very exciting. So act now and nominate your colleagues, friends and sites that you find inspiring (however, you cannot nominate your own sites.)