Futurelab: is a not-for-profit group from the United Kingdom. Their goal is innovation in education and their website states:
Futurelab is passionate about transforming the way people learn. Tapping into the huge potential offered by digital and other technologies, we develop innovative resources and practices that support new approaches to learning for the 21st century. A not-for-profit organisation, we work in partnership with others to:
- incubate new ideas, taking them from the lab to the classroom
- share hard evidence and practical advice to support the design and use of innovative learning tools
- communicate the latest thinking and practice in educational ICT
- provide the space for experimentation and the exchange of ideas between the creative, technology and education sectors.
Futurelab has a range of resources for educators. There are pages on:
- projects (includes research data)
Futurelab is a portal to all things innovative in education. Well worth a visit and reflection on how these ideas could be used in our classrooms. Not all projects are current, but the ones that have been completed are usually accompanied by research data and reports on the efficacy of the project.