The brilliant Buffy Hamilton has agreed to share her presentation on A Prescription for Healthier School Librarianship: Transforming Our Practice for the 21st Century with readers of Bright Ideas.
- budget contraints
- fear of change
Can be overcome by:
- seeing change as an opportunity, not a threat
- creating a participatory culture and environment
- multiple forms of literacy
- multiple modes of learning
- shared knowledge construction through collaboration
- listening, sharing and risk-taking
- Energise your mind by plugging into your PLN
This is a presentation that is thoughtful, creative, intelligent and timely. As Hamilton states, “Libraries are in the change business”. A visit to her website, The Unquiet Librarian is highly recommended.