As part of Unit 4 – Teaching and learning tools in the Victorian Personal Learning Network (PLN), our team has collated a list of online tools for participants to test drive and review.
The list has been collated in a Google doc – Tools.
Tools are tagged using the following categories (with a few examples):
- organisational – used for collating, curating and manipulating information in different forms (Evernote, Dropbox, If This Then That)
- visualisation – uses abstract ideas to create graphic or concrete illustrations (bubbl.us, Timeglider, Padlet)
- mobile – tools that take advantage of a person’s location (Historypin)
- gaming – allow people to make games as well as ‘gamify’ learning tasks (Scratch, Kodu, Socrative)
- storytelling – digital storytelling and multimedia tools (Storybird, Toondoo, inklewriter, Voki)
- social – any tool which creates communities and allows people to share their ideas (Learnist, Springpad, Diigo).
If you’re more of a visual type, we have also built a list in a Springpad notebook. You can sort by tags using the Filter option (this may not display properly in some browsers, so if it doesn’t just use the Google Document instead).
We will be posting regularly to #vicpln with links to people’s reviews and examples.
Image credit: Helmut Newton, (1953) Construction of 36-mile oil pipeline at Corio, State Library of Victoria Pictures Collection